Cruise West of Seattle
Cruise West of Seattle, a cruise line based in Seattle, offers you the opportunity to choose your destination - North America, Central America and South America and to travel there onboard a ship with a cozy environment. Passengers will enjoy the abundant activities in the various destinations when they add excursions to their cruise package. Cruises on Cruise West of Seattle are full of adventure. Diversify your cruise itinerary. Cruise West of Seattle has nourished excellent relationships with local innkeepers, port directors and local storytellers. You will have access to the best experiences in each port city. And in every Cruise West destination, at least one shore excursion or highlight is included in each port of call when you purchase your cruise tickets.
Cruise West of Seattle
This cruise line features ships that are ideally suited to an up-close, casual and personal style of cruising. Passengers on Cruise West ships will have access to places that those on more conventional ships can only dream of. Cruise West of Seattle differs from large cruise ships in that there are not a lot of artificial amusements such as dance clubs and casinos. Instead you will be entertained by the marvels and wonders of Nature. From the privacy of your stateroom, you can get a spectacular view of the beautiful scenery. Moreover, your experience will be personally enriching because of the on-board narratives and lectures delivered by local guests and the extensive selection of books in the libraries provided on every ship. All of your senses will be engaged on a Cruise West of Seattle cruise vacation.
Cruise West of Seattle - Destinations & Excursions
Travel to spectacular destinations where adventures abound. Discover the hidden natural treasures in various exotic destinations. Cruise West of Seattle Cruise Lines takes you to places where you can stroll on the beaches, walk on glaciers, kayak in the Caribbean Sea, or hike in a rain forest. Up-close travel focuses on the scenery, wildlife, natural history and culture of your destination. The following list details possible excursions in various destinations in Alaska, Costa Rica & Panama, Baja Mexico's Sea of Cortes, Japan, South Pacific, California Wine Country, Columbia & Snake River:
- View the scenery of Glacier Bay, Unalaska, the Pribilofs, the Shumagin Islands, Kodiak, Sitka, and Metlakatla.
- See some of the oldest and largest trees on earth in the Great Bear Rainforest.
- Hope aboard an inflatable craft and gain access to remote ports of call and shores.
- Watch for whales, seals, bald eagles, bears, murres, and puffins.
- Cross the Arctic Circle, conditions permitting, at the International Date Line.
- Understand the region's unique and fragile beauty with your knowledgeable Exploration Team and guest speakers.
Costa Rica & Panama
- Meet the native Kuna and Embere Indians, and visit their island villages .
- Explore the Spanish Main ruins of Portobelo, sacked by Henry Morgan in 1671.
- Transit the Panama Canal.
- Enjoy world-class snorkeling at Isla de Coiba.
- Visit the Orchid House on Golfo Dulce, lush with orchids, fruit trees, butterflies and hummingbirds.
- Look for white-faced capuchin monkeys and iguanas along the forest trails of Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Go snorkeling with tropical fish on Tortuga Island.
- Explore the emerald reaches of the Darien Jungle.
- Walk through the Tarzan paradise of Corcovado National Park, a pristine rainforest populated by puma, tapir and jaguar.
- Swim with manta rays and comical puffer fish off Isla de Coiba island.
- Transit the most exciting parts of the Panama Canal.
- Take an inflatable craft to Golfo Dulce and see the amazing varieties of orchids at Casa Orquideas
- Hike the open forest trails of Manuel Antonio National Park.
Baja Mexico's Sea of Cortes
- Go dolphin watching.
- Swim with sea lions.
- Go kayaking.
- Visit Izumo Taisha, the most important Shinto shrine in Japan.
- View the famous "floating" gates at Miyajima.
- Visit uninhabited islands and go snorkeling.
- Learn about the ancient culture of the Polynesians.
- Experience the magic of Bora Bora.
- Delve into the 1,300-year history on Huahine with a local guide.
- Explore South Sea Island handicrafts.
- See endangered marine turtles at the Hibiscus Foundation Turtle Reserve
- View the amazing world beneath the surface by snorkeling, diving or riding on a glass-bottom boat.
- Visit the National Park of American Samoa where you will find unspoiled rainforests, coral reefs, waterfalls, and tropical wildlife.
California Wine Country
- Enjoy special events, tastings, and meals.
- Tour the architectural masterpieces-- French chateaux, mission-style, Victorian-- that dominate many of these hillside estates.
- Cruise by Alcatraz and Angel Island and under the Golden Gate Bridge.
Columbia & Snake River
- Tour the reconstructed log fort where Lewis and Clark spent the winter of 1805.
- Listen to the sad tale of Chief Joseph from a Nez Perce storyteller.
- Learn about the dam construction that began in the 1930s.
- Walk up to the base of Multnomah Falls in the spectacular Columbia River Gorge.
- Roar by jetboat deep into Hells Canyon, with its 8,000-foot-high canyon walls.
- Visit the site of the Whitman Mission Indian massacre of 1847.
- Walk in the ruts of the original Oregon Trail, which led the pioneers westward.
- Stroll through the galleries of the Maryhill Museum of Art, formerly railroad baron Sam Hill's country mansion on a bluff above the Columbia.
- Visit Vancouver's Stanley Park, whose old-growth forest, zoo and bicycle path.
- Cruise Princess Louisa Inlet, one of the top ten most beautiful places in the world.
- Watch the red-coated Mounties welcome you to Nanaimo, a historic logging community once an outpost of the Hudson's Bay Company.
- Tour world-famous Butchart Gardens in Victoria.
- Explore the Whale Museum in Friday Harbor to learn about the orcas who live here year-round.
- Enjoy a private organ and piano recital at Rosario Resort on Orcas Island, the one-time country estate of a noted Seattle shipbuilder.
| Cruise West Cruise Destinations | Cruise West Cruise Discount | Cruise West Cruise Excursions | Cruise West Cruise Lines Activities | Cruise West Cruise Packages | Cruise West cruise Ships | Cruise West Deal | Cruise West Deals | Cruise West Food | Cruise West Reviews | Cruise West Tickets |